Public transport is well developed in Bielsko-Biała. Buses (urban and suburban – PKS) operate throughout the city and the region.
Urban buses (MZK):
- Reduced – rate ticket: 1,50 PLN
Normal ticket – 3 PLN
- Monthly pass (for students) for all urban buses: 50 PLN
Suburban buses (PKS):
Tickets may differ in price. On suburban buses (PKS), tickets are obtained from the driver or in ticket offices at bus stations. There is a wide network of connections between major cities in Poland. You can find timetable on this web page: www.pks.bielsko.pl
Tickets can be bought in kiosks or some shops. You can also buy them from the driver but at a higher price. You should board the bus through the front door and show the valid ticket. Then you are obliged to you punch your ticket in one of the special machines located on posts throughout the bus.
In Poland, it is also possible to travel by train. The network of Polish State Railways (PKP) is dense.
Types of trains in Poland:
- POCIĄG OSOBOWY – a local train that stops in every town. It is the slowest and least comfortable train but the cheapest.
- POCIĄG POSPIESZNY – a fast train.
- POCIĄG EKSPRESOWY (Ex) – an express train that stops only at major cities. It is more expensive and requires booking beforehand.
- POCIĄG INTER-CITY / EUROPE CITY – the fastest and highest quality train that needs a fix reservation (MIEJSCÓWKA) in advance but is the most expensive one.
At the RAILWAY STATION (DWORZEC PKP) you buy tickets at the counter (KASA BILETOWA) paying in cash or by credit cards. First, you mention your destination and then the type of train, e.g. “Toruń, POCIĄG POSPIESZNY PROSZĘ.”
With regard to air transport in Poland, there are international airports in Warsaw, Gdańsk, Cracow, Poznań, Wrocław, Katowice, Szczecin and Łódź. Domestic flights offered by LOT Polish Airlines cover all the aforementioned cities as well as Bydgoszcz, Zielona Góra and Rzeszów.
- Katowice: www.katowice-airport.com (Wizz Air, Ryanair…)
Krakow: www.krakowairport.pl (Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2.com…)
Wroclaw: www.airport.wroclaw.pl (Ryanair, Wizz Air…)
Warsaw: www.lotnisko-chopina.pl (Wizz Air, Easyjet, Ryanair…)
- Bielsko-Biała to:
Katowice – 60 km,
Kraków – 90 km,
Warszawa – 350 km,
Wrocław – 250 km
Gdańsk – 600 km,
Ostrava – 90 km.